Turmeric milk also referred to as golden milk. For centuries, Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine has used turmeric to treat various health problems, including cancer and pain control.
Incorporating milk and turmeric in your diet can help prevent diseases because these two ingredients have antibiotic, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Here are 8 Benefits Of Golden Milk Before Bed
1. Natural Sleep Aids
Do you have difficulty falling asleep?
A glass of hot turmeric milk taken one hour before going to bed will definitely help.
Turmeric contains vital nutrients while milk contains melatonin and serotonin. These combined components help relieve stress and, in turn, induce sleep.
2. Relieve Headaches
Turmeric milk acts as a natural analgesic and helps relieve pain and headaches.
This is because it is an excellent source of antioxidants and other essential nutrients.
Take turmeric milk when you have a headache caused by a cold or nasal congestion. This drink will help you feel better.
3. Remove Menstrual Cramps
Women usually affect menstrual cramping on the first day of their periods. You can also have menstrual cramps due to a delayed menstrual cycle.
One way to enjoy the benefits of turmeric milk is to drink daily to ease menstrual cramps naturally.
4. Protect Yourself From Hepatitis
One of the benefits of turmeric milk comes from its antiviral action.
Turmeric milk has curcumin that prevents the growth of viruses, preventing them from multiplying in the body.
In addition to protecting the liver from viruses, it also stimulates the immune system. As a result, you are protected from hepatitis.
5. Purify The Blood
One of the benefits of turmeric milk used by Ayurvedic medicine is the ability to purify and cleanse the blood.
Milk contains a wide range of vital nutrients that stimulate blood circulation.
Turmeric, on the other hand, contains antioxidants that cleanse the lymphatic system and enhance the purification process.
6. Help Reduce Inflammation And Joint Pain
People with arthritis affect the joints very much.
The benefits of turmeric milk include its anti-inflammatory properties that help strengthen the joints of arthritis patients.
In addition, it improves muscle flexibility, reduces pain and treats swelling caused by inflammation in people with arthritis.
7. Helps To Detoxify The Liver
Studies have shown curcumin’s ability in turmeric help to prevent and reverse liver cirrhosis and fatty liver.
The detoxifying action of turmeric reduces the impact of lesions on the liver tissue by these toxic substances. Increase in bile production
8. Improves Your Reproductive Health
Turmeric can help promote reproductive health in women. They are especially recommended for women who can not conceive because of hormonal imbalances.
How To Prepare Turmeric Milk
- One half inch thinly sliced fresh turmeric or 1 teaspoon of dried turmeric
- 2 cups of milk or coconut milk
- One half inch diced fresh ginger
- A pinch of black pepper
- Put the milk in a saucepan and place it over medium heat.
- Add ginger, black pepper and turmeric.
- Allow the milk to simmer. You can tell by small bubbles appearing on the sides of the saucepan. Stir.
- Let the milk heat for an extra minute or 2. Be careful not to overheat. Continue stirring to distribute the heat evenly.
- Turn off the heat, cover the milk and let it sit for about 10 minutes for better infusion.
- In case you used fresh ginger and turmeric, pass the milk through a strainer.
- Serve the milk warm.
Note: Pregnant women are discouraged from using turmeric because it is an inflammatory agent, can cause stomach ulcers.
Check for allergies before drinking turmeric milk. Those who report allergic reactions have mild and itchy rashes, usually on the neck or on the face.